[Question #77706]: Ubuntu 9.04 Live hangs at "end trace 4eaa2a86a8e2da22"

Was running a dual boot Ubuntu 9.04 / Win2K system.

My Asus motherboard with a single core AMD Athlon 64x 3100+ CPU fried.

Replaced with an MSI K9VGM-V motherboard & an AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+ CPU.

Did a "repair" installation of Win2K; new hardware recognized.

Tried to boot with live CD into Ubuntu 9.04.

Received error message "end trace 4eaa2a86a8e2da22"; cursor remains blinking indefinitely.

Same thing occurs when I tried to reinstall or repair Ubuntu 9.04.

Loved Ubuntu; do not want to go back to exclusive Windows system.

Please help!

Thanks, Aaron