Re: [Question #77738]: can't intall ubuntu

Tom proposed the following answer:
I was also wondering if you have an Ubuntu Cd and where you got it from?  Was it from
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Also have you tried checking the md5sum?  I tend to find really cheap "write once" cds that you can only buy in stacks of 10 or more are better for this type of thing than more expensive kinds.  Also here's some more advice on making a really cd
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
Sometimes it's just a case of 3rd time lucky.

With the Cd are you able to boot up from the Cd to a menu that has the option "Try Ubuntu without changes to this machine", if not this guide might help
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD
Choosing that "Try Ubuntu ..." option should get you to a working desktop which we call a "LiveCd session" if it works.  On the top taskbar of that you should find that Firefox has found your internet connection allowing you to surf into here.  Please let us know if this works :)

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)