Re: [Question #77762]: ATI graphics problem

Question #77762 on xorg in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+question/77762

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     According to Ubuntu User magazine, which includes CD for 9.04 version, you can download proprietary drivers for ATI cards at http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux... but I don't see anything like Xpress listed.  Oh, wait... not looking EXACTLY like what you say, but go to http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/drivers.aspx and there are 2 "Crossfire Xpress" chipsets.  Well, I'd say try searching their support website and see if there is a driver that fits your card.  Magazine says you will have to do a 'chmod a+x' on the downloaded file if you find one, but then should be able to run it fine.  Even says there is a GUI based installation and that the installer is capable of building a debian package.
     Try it and let us know.  Other users may find themselves in similar situation.