[Question #77820]: Ubuntu crashes on YouTube video

Computer is dual-boot between Ubuntu 9.0.4 and Windows XP.

After applying the latest updates to Ubuntu through Update Manager a few days ago, I am no longer able to run certain YouTube videos.  In particular, this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeaRWftJA68&feature=PlayList&p=EB9E87F8D9139497&index=3

produces a crash, every time, between 3:15 and 3:20 into the video.  By crash, I mean that, without any warning, the entire monitor goes completely black, and the next thing that happens is a hardware restart.

I am still able to play many other YouTube videos without incident.

Finally, I can dual-boot over to Windows XP, and play the above video on Firefox 3.5.1 without incident.  On Ubuntu, I am using the latest supported release of Firefox, 3.0.12.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Mark