Re: [Question #77756]: KlamAV

Question #77756 on klamav in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/klamav/+question/77756

John Kelly is still having a problem:
Tom wrote:
> Your question #77756 on klamav in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/klamav/+question/77756

> Tom proposed the following answer:
> Lol, i can't believe you've found a virus on a linux partition! Rofls.
> Probably the best thing is to keep it safely and sell it to a museum or
> to whoever protects endangered species in your country.

Hello Tom,
thanks for being there.
I may be getting a bit ahead of myself in following your latest
instructions!?
I installed Klamav manager from synaptic but couldnt scan as first
mentioned. Following the link you gave..... with actionparsnips former
help I did the gpg thing and also put the deb for jaunty in the source
files. Then I put clamscan in the terminal and it worked fine with the
result you saw.

john@abraham-laptop:~$ sudo clamdscan -V
ClamAV 0.95.1/9608/Thu Jul 23 11:39:50 2009

as you can see this is the version I am running. Would you know why I
cant access it from applications but can access from terminal!? How do I
get the latest version if I suspect I havent got it!? I also made a
documents folder called quarantine.

thanks for your patience.

John