[Question #77876]: unactivated windows, xubuntu install on a dell

I downloaded the latest xubuntu iso, extracted it to a folder, burned the files on a cd and put it in my friends dell laptop. He has windows media center edition on it, but it's unactivated. I booted in safe mode and opened the xubuntu setup. It installed fine and said to reboot with the cd still in the computer. I rebooted the computer and it just came up with unactivated windows. Turned it off again and then tried to boot from cd(pushing f12 at startup). It brought up the screen that says I unexpectedly turned the pc off do I want to start windows in  safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with dos yadda yadda yadda... I don't want windows on it anymore, just xubuntu but I can't figure out for the life of me how to do this, please help me out!