Re: [Question #77816]: Can't access XP Home edition after Ubuntu nstallation

eipapp is still having a problem:
I'm not sure about that WUBI thing, but when the computer booted up it
recognized the CD and asked if I wanted to install Ubuntu and I selected yes
and it just loaded onto my computer.I checked the OS's as you asked and
these are the options:

Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-11-generic
Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-11-generic (recovery mode)
Ubunto 9.04, memtest86+

Other operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

I selected XP which took me to a second screen:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Ubuntu

as I've been down this road before I selected the following option from the
bottom of the second screen -
"Press F8 for advanced options (I pressed F8 while the XP operating system
was highlighted)
and this gave me the following screen options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode

Last known Good configuration (your most recent setting that worked)

Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controller only)

Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure

Neither Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking did not work to get me to
Windows
Last Known Good config did not help either.

I tried the CHKDSK you suggested at the grub> prompt but nothing happened so
I'm not doing that correctly I guess.
Tried to do this under the Safe Mode Command Prompt and no results there
either, so need more guidance from you on that feature.

Hope there is something in the above that will be useful to you in helping
me to resolve this issue.
As before whenever I select the Windows OS option at boot I get the normal
Windows XP splash screen but after about a second or two it fails to load
and takes me back to the boot screen and prepares to start up Ubuntu.

Bruce

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Jeruvy <question77816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx