[Question #77904]: display won't use the entire screen

I'm running JJ on an Averatec 1020 laptop. The display worked fine for a while, but somehow (after an update, possibly?) it now only uses the center of the screen, cutting off both sides with black bars.

My laptop's native resolution is 1280x760, but this isn't an option given in the display preferences, so I am running at 1024 x 768. If I try to run at 1280 x 768, the entire screen is squeezed to the left and distorted.

Just an Intel graphics card here, no special drivers.

Pls help! I'm a newbie wth Linux!