Re: [Question #45615]: drag & drop

Question #45615 on openoffice.org in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/45615

petergair requested for more information:
Hi Tony,
I can't get Drag & Drop to work in OpenOffice.org calc either.
Using Ubuntu 9.  After hunting thru all the Options settings, and not finding anything that seemed to apply, I've re-installed openoffice calc - still no joy.
There is no little box below the cursor arrow, even after wobbling the cursor with the left button down.

CORRECTION:
After some fiddling, I finally got the cursor arrow to change.  It changed from an outlined arrow-head, white fill, to all black, with a box below it.  Drag & Drop then worked.
However, it is difficult to get that cursor to change.  So far, I've only been able to get it to change 3 times out of 25 attempts.  Am I missing something here?
Any help would be appreciated,
thanks,
Peter