[Question #77958]: Unable to view some files, light pink internal window

I have run gksudo, so i figure I can view all files right? but when browsing to look for icons or such, which I know are there, it just gives me a light pink window instead of a white one. I am logged in as an admin with root priviledges I even gksudo nautilus, but no gas, still doesnt work. Im sure there will be an easy answer to this, but its escaping me entirely....