[Question #77962]: Ekiga cant connect internet via usb modem huawei e160

New question #77962 on ekiga in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+question/77962

Dell mini 10 with ubuntu 9.04. I am using a mobile broadband connection with dynamic IP and Ekiga cannot configure my network setting automatically.  Ekiga is asking to configure them manually via port forwarding.  The modem I am using to connect is Huawei e160.  I have no problems connecting to the internet except for EKIGA.  For some reason the connection won't establish.

THe port forwarding site showed only routers but no mobile broadband usb modems.

Is there a solution for this?

Luis