Re: [Question #77927]: ubuntu not showing my graphics card in hardware drivers

actionparsnip posted a new comment:
Personally I have never used that stupid driver thing. I think it
seriously needs an overhaul. All it would have done is what you did
manually.

Often doing something youorself rather than waiting for some glossy POS
to do some magic for you gets things done faster and often better. Other
good examples of this (in my opinion) are samba and flash.