Re: [Question #78031]: OpenOffice 3.1 Impress slow and graphics errors

Question #78031 on openoffice.org in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/78031

Bobber47 confirmed that the question is solved:
What "stupid speed up thing"?

I don't have a ~/.config/.openoffice.org on my system, rather a
~/.openoffice.org, so I renamed that.  Upon restart of Impress, the
~/.openoffice.org was regenerated.  The graphic import/export errors are
still reproducible.  The speed still seems slow when rendering changes
in the display, but appears to better correspond to such activity and
drop to nothing while idle.  So some improvement there.

My Eee PC 701 netbook (0.6Ghz, 512MB) running Eeebuntu off an SD card
[separate system] does fine with Impress 3.0.1 from the same Lauchpad
repos (not upgraded).  Impress 3.0.1 is decidedly snappier on this Eee
PC than Impress 3.1 on my desktop, despite better resources on the
desktop, so I suspect there's some loss of performance somewhere, though
I haven't tested each combination to verify it.

Further testing and comparison on the 2 systems / OOo versions showed
that the graphic errors from import/export cycle do exist in 3.0.1 as
well.  My previous use of 3.0.1 must have been only import and display,
without re-export (must have been using PowerPoint for file generation
more than I thought).  So the bug is in 3.0.1 and 3.1 export but not
import, and unrelated to the speed issue.

The speed is now usable, and the import/export graphic error isn't
unique, so I'll mark this solved.  But there are still speed and export
deficiencies that could use further attention.

Thanks, actionparsnip!