Re: [Question #78028]: Firefox 3 Ubuntu fails after update assertion failed

Question #78028 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/78028

yomba is still having a problem:
At your suggestion I did the following:

mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla_old

then rerunning firefox?

I did the above and Firefox did boot, but it is a fresh version without
any of my old bookmarks, etc.

You then suggested:

1. (easy) rebuild profile from fresh

I would like to folow this suggestion but am not sure how to go about
the "rebuild profile from fresh" process as I have never encountered  a
need to rebuild profile before. Therefore, I am reluctant to take
further action without some feedback as to how to proceed.

I do thank you for your suggestion as it does seem to have brought
Firefox to life, but without my original bookmarks. Nevertheless, I
would like to proceed with rebuild profile agenda once I am sure how to
get this done without mucking up the works.

Thanks for your help.