Re: [Question #39349]: The kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU 0:6

michail posted a new comment:
hi everyone

enjoyed the conversation you had

I just bumped on the same message during a VM creation
(FOG clone server - uses FEDORA or UBUNTU http://www.fogproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=36)

I simply turned on the feature "Enable PAE/NX" in VirtualBox 2.1.0
and the problem disappeared

as for the open source  debate, my opinion is that it is very silly in times of financial hardship to stuck with solutions costing thousand of euros when
there are OPEN SOURCe solutions costing 0 or less than 100euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is Openoffice (ok the sbase is still buggy but tell me how many ordinary users use MS Access or advanced math in excel....
some of them still ask the IT department how to forward an email.....outsss)

there is "the Dude" "Spiceworks" Hylafax Elastix OpenERP Jumla with all the free modules etc etc... so many fully operational projects
why not invest our time and money in people with know-how and skills instead of investing in licences and the bank accounts of a few billionaires?????????

dinosaurs will always extinct after major changes
in 100 years who is going to remember GM, ENRON, FORD....

regards
michail