Re: [Question #77982]: Dual boot system - XP Pro always boots : Jaunty frequently fails to boot

Question #77982 on grub in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+question/77982

Steve McG gave more information on the question:
When I query Windows about my monitor, here's what the driver reports:

        Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report

Report Date:		07/25/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:	11:23:49
Driver Version:		6.14.10.4885
Operating System:		Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Default Language:		English
DirectX* Version:		9.0
Physical Memory:		3317 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:	8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:	128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:	11 MB
Processor:		x86 family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Speed:		2829 MHZ
Vendor ID:		8086
Device ID:		29C2
Device Revision:		10

*   Accelerator Information   *

Accelerator in Use:		Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS:		1471.0
Current Graphics Mode:	1440 by 900 True Color (60 Hz)

*   Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator   *

Active Monitors: 1

*   Monitor   *

Monitor Name:		Plug and Play Monitor
Display Type:		Analog
Gamma Value:		2.20
DDC2 Protocol:		Supported
Maximum Image Size:	Horizontal: 16.0  inches
			Vertical:   10.0  inches
Monitor Supported Modes:
640 by 480 (60 Hz)
640 by 480 (75 Hz)