Re: [Question #78064]: bootloader doesnt show XP

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hmmm, i would think that maybe the partition is the 1st partition on
that drive so i might change that last answer a little bit

title		Microsoft Windows XP
root		(hd1,0)
savedefault
makeactive
chainloader	+1

I would probably miss out the mapping stuff and i'm not sure what the
"boot" command does.  I'm also not sure what "savedefault" does or
whether it's necessary either.

Really i would recommend having a look at what your drives and
partitions look like to ubuntu and then we can work out what would be
best for grub.  So go up to the top taskbar and click on

Applications - Accessories - Terminal

and into the terminal/command window/console type

sudo fdisk -l

and then copy&paste the results into here ;)
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)