[Question #78091]: firefox freezes when trying to play flash video

New question #78091 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/78091

When I try playing flash videos from certain sites firefox completely freezes. Thats is I cannot shift to an other tab, go to an other url or anything. No interaction with firefox is possible and I have to kill firefox from by command-line.

I have noticed this problem when playing videos from http://www.colbertnation.com/ and http://www.thedailyshow.com/ where it seems to happen right after the video has loaded. Sites like youtube and vimeo seem to work just find though.

I do have the 'flashplugin-nonfree' and 'ubuntu-restricted-extras' packages that I can seen other people with similar problems have been missing.