Re: [Question #78095]: CD Burner not recognized

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     Well, I'm just guessing to get things started, but looks like you
are giving what you have when there is no (writable) media in the drive.
Seems as though you would have tried it with a CDR or CDRW, because it
looks to me like you have ample knowledge on computers & Ubuntu, but
just to save making assumptions.  From there, what software are you
trying to use?  I had problems with some software but got good results
from others in earlier versions of Linux.... have you tried using
different burners and none of them work for you?