[Question #78122]: Ext3 or Ext4 and Partitions issue

I have Ubuntu 8.10 on a partition and XP (yes...the ugly win) in other.  Ubuntu is on an Ext3 partition, with the systemfile and home in the same partition and a little swap partition.

My questions:

Is it better to change Ext3 to Ext4 ? If it is, how do I do that without cleaning my data?

I'v heard it is better to have a few GB partition for the systemfile and a bigger partition for the home directory, How can I do that now on my PC? And what kind of partition should I use in those partitions (Ext3 or Ext4 and in wich one)?

My english is not the best, I'm spanish spoken...sorry If I make too much mistakes writing this.

Thanks a lot.