[Question #78140]: How to make separate partitions for /home and filesystem directories at install 9.04

Hi guys.

I decided to install again Ubuntu, but the 9.04 this time.  I decided to do it all again (reinstall Ubuntu) because wanted to do it with Ext 4 partitions.  Of course I want to put the filesystem and the home directories in separate partitions, so I can handle with the system without screwing my documents...(the last time I used "all together" in 8.10)

So, my question is:

How do I set the install program to make different partitions for this purposes??

Please explain me very well and step by step, because I'm new in this...not a tech guy.

By the way, I erased the last partitions of Linux... So I "broke" the GRUB and now cannot start win XP, Should that got fixed after install Ubuntu again??

Thanks a lot.