Re: [Question #78127]: Unable to bootup into xubuntu

Question #78127 on gdm in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+question/78127

Tom proposed the following answer:
I as thinking that completely uninstalling it might get rid of any
configuration files too whereas a simple re-install might not?  I'm not
sure about this.

Synaptic is a great tool for gui friendliness because it shows so many
different issues to do with package management that would take a while
to learn about on the command-line.  A good way-in for people
inexperienced with linux.  The command-line is undoubtedly better in the
longer run, agreed :)

Regards from
Tom :)