Re: [Question #78113]: ubuntu 9.04 does not start ..and I have to press Ctrl D.

Somshankar Bose is still having a problem:
ok...I just edited my /etc/hosts...from this
tulku@tulku:~$ cat /etc/hosts

ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
127.0.0.1 localhost
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
127.0.1.1 user-desktop
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

to this
tulku@tulku:~$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost tulku
127.0.1.1 tulku

ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

my
$ cat /etc/hostname is

tulku@tulku:~$ cat /etc/hostname
tulku

I am restarting now...keeping fingers crossed...