[Question #78219]: NO SOUND IN 9.04

New question #78219 on yelp in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/78219

I have suddenly lost my sound in ubuntu 9.04. Since I dual boot with windows I took the opportunity of testing my sound card and guess what? it works just fine!.I have also tested with a live cd and what do u know.It works fine as well.

So, please can anyone tell me what to do besides re-installing 8.0.4.3 or 9.0.4 again. I have a lot of work on this machine that I don't want to lose and I need sound for my work.

Thanks
Mx.