[Question #78234]: Internal mic issue - dell XPS M1330 Ubuntu 9.04

Hi,

I have a DELL XPS M1330 laptop with integrated intel sound card and internal mic.

I have Windows Vista running on it.

I recently downloaded Ubuntu 9.04 VMWare image from http://vmplanet.net/

I run Ubuntu from the VMWare player running under Windows Vista. After starting Ubuntu 9.04 from VMWare player, I get sound from the internal speakers. However, when I start Skype, skype is not able to detect sound from the internal mic and hence I am not able to make calls from Skype.

I have choosen Pulse Audio for the sound-in and sound-out devices under skype preferences.

I do not have any issues with Sound/Mic while running Windows.

Please suggest any solutions/patches to be installed to make the internal mic work in Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance,
Kishor