[Question #78246]: Can't wake Jaunty 9.04 out of hibernation.

Description changed to:
I hibernated Jaunty 9.04 (firefox 3.5) Saturday night and can't get it
to wake up.  I've turned it off at the tower, turned it off and
unplugged it; no change.  It's as if I broke it by clicking on
"hibernate," instead of "shut down."

I'd thought that maybe I posed this problem earlier.  I did on some
other sites.  I read about bug #229806, but I've no idea what to do with
that information.  Switching it all the way off and rebooting doesn't
effect any change -- it just goes back to a black screen and
unresponsive keyboard.  I'm not at home (because my computer don't work
anymore); I'm hoping to get THE answer before I go home.