Re: [Question #78130]: NVIDIA version 180

Arnaudus proposed the following answer:
Hi,

Note that I stated that "I don't have any answer". My point was that the
problem you are facing is real, and that it seems difficult to fix (at
least, it's difficult to find someone who managed to get it fixed).

It's clearly a bug: you follow the logical steps and it does not work,
this is a bug. Now, I don't know if the bug is serious or not; these
driver issues can be extremely complicated.

Reporting the bug will help Ubuntu to improve the distribution; that's
how free software works: you get it for free, and you're welcome to
participate to the improvement of it. If you're lucky, a developer can
propose a workaround to fix the bug, but you don't have to expect
anything out of the bug report except helping the community to improve
the software. Here is a tutorial:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Filing%20a%20bug%20with
%20ubuntu-bug .

Now, for your specific problem: note that the bug is annoying
(especially if you were planning to play some 3D-games), but not
blocking: as far as I understand, Ubuntu works well if you're not trying
to use 3D effects. So you can "use your graphic card" for everything
like surfing the web, playing 2D games, watching videos etc.