[Question #78337]: How does setting the hwclock work in Ubuntu?

New question #78337 on util-linux in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+question/78337

Hi,

can you please explain how Ubuntu reads and stores the hwclock? What happens when and in which order during startup and shutdown? How are the scripts triggered?

I'm working on a script that will set the acpi wakeup timer for a digital video recorder (based on vdr).

This acpi setting is lost when hwclock is called. Therefore it is necessairy to set the acpi wakeup timer _after_ the system clock is stored in the RTC during shutdown.

So where do I put this script so that it will always be called after hwclock?

Thank you in advance to anyone taking the time explaining this!

Regards,

Hanno