[Question #78348]: Operate Linux with a gamepad

I have a 10 button game pad and my goal is to be able to make a small from factor linux box and operate it with just a gamepad.

I know i will need a keyboard and mouse it install everything but after everything is installed I would like to be able to just select an emulator with the gamepad and play a game.

any suggestions?