[Question #78366]: slow with cable connection

New question #78366 on ktorrent in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ktorrent/+question/78366

I have chosen to spoil myself and get good internet but my torrent speeds have not improved i rarely get over 15kb/s total speed but i have a connection speed of 22+mb/s down and 7+mb/s up i have heard reports of comcast hindering torrent speeds but have also heard there is a way to thwart this.