[Question #9374]: how can I get administrator rights on my own computer in Ubuntu 7.04

Description changed to:
I can not install anything as I do not seem to have administrator
rights. My password is treated as invalid by sudo?! It prompts me to
contact administrator.i am forget my admin password and hint question
everything.iam using ubuntu 8...help me.