Re: [Question #78237]: what different ubuntu 7.10 / 8.04 / 8.10 / 9.04 / 9.10

Tom proposed the following answer:
In linux we have "Mono" which is similar to ".Net" but i think it has
more features.  I don't know anything about programming tho.  It's a
very different skill.

I have heard that programming in linux is very different because it
often means working with other people or sharing ideas with each other.
Also programs in linux tend to be smaller because it's easier for a
program to call a library without having to embed the library (or other
package) within the program you're writing.  In some ways it's easier
but in other ways it's trickier because you're not certain of how that
library might change as it gets developed.  There are a lot of guides to
help, somewhere.  I might try to find something for you later but it
might be better to ask about that after wwe have finished this install
;)