[Question #78424]: atheros 9k wireless ubuntu

I just bought a new HP DV3-2155mx. I was able to get the wireless card to see my network but it does not connect using WAP. I searched google and use the backports steps to get that functionality to work. Now here's the crazy part it knocks off all my other wireless devices. Let me know if you have any suggestions -Thx for the help -Billet