[Question #78467]: Lexmark X2600 Cups Issue

I just received a Lexmark x2600 printer as a present and tried to install it on my ubuntu 9.04 system. It took me forever but I found the drivers on the lexmark website and when I went to install it, an error message is telling me my cups need to be version 1.2 or higher. Well, I have version 1.3.9 installed. I checked my synaptic package manager. How do I work around this and get this printer/scanner working? Is there another driver that is compatible, or how do I get it to recognize my cups is ver 1.2 or higher? Every other board either is way to confusing or just says Lexmark doesn't have a driver for that printer. Well it obviously does, I downloaded it, I just can't get it to install.