Re: [Question #78317]: Is it possible to install swf player in ubuntu 7.10

gadolinio proposed the following answer:
I agree with Shang Wu: you should upgrade your version.
I use Swfdec on Ubuntu 8.10, and it works perfectly. Go to system-->administration-->synaptic package manager. There search for "swfdec" and install it. The program can be accessed from applications-->sound and video. You can also make .swf giles to be always opened with swfdec by right-clicking one of them, choosing properties, and then adding Swfdec in the "open with" tab.
Hope you find this useful...