Re: [Question #78496]: Canon MPC200 USB not detected

Question #78496 on cupsys in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+question/78496

Guy Van Sanden posted a new comment:
Unfortunately, it's not my printer (I installed Ubuntu for a friend
because XP kept crashing on her machine).  I would never buy a Canon
myself (I only buy Linux supported hardware).

I haven't found anything on linuxprinting about this model nor any other
that shows the same problem (only driver issues).

Isn't there a way to link a specific USB ID to a driver?  I remember
vaguely having to do this on Gentoo to get my scanner working.  The
printer does register under two USB ID's, one of those is the usb-
storage device.