Re: [Question #78373]: No alerts and sound effects

willy6635 requested for more information:
OK, I need to be clear just what you did there. I take it you tried
clicking the grey arrows on the right to see if a sound played and none
did? Did you click on the sound file column in each line alongside of
the particular event listed or at the top of the menu?

In the sound file column, alongside each event, what does it say, if
anything? It should have 1 of either "default", "disable" or "Custom".
You should be clicking on that word to bring up the selection box. If it
says "disable" before you click, click on the word "disable".

Also, what version are you using and how is it installed? Is it the only
operating system, dual boot, or inside Windows?