Re: [Question #78467]: Lexmark X2600 Cups Issue

tripmaster36 is still having a problem:
yeah, the first link you sent me i tried that before and I do get a nice gui but after it starts extracting it tells me:
The installer has detected the operating system does not meet CUPS minimum version requirements. Please install CUPS version 1.2 or higher and run the installer again.
Then I tried the
sh /home/tripmaster36/lexmark-inkjet-08-driver-1.0-1.i386.deb.sh
and it brings up the nice gui again...and the same error message.

The second one, which I found before, at the very end jbdavis52 says you
may need to use chmod +x, which i do. Then try to install it again...and
yet again I get the same message.

I tried reinstalling my Cups, like stated above I have version 1.3.9, to
see if it was just wonky. Then I tried installing it again. Yet again I
get the same message.