Re: [Question #78237]: what different ubuntu 7.10 / 8.04 / 8.10 / 9.04 / 9.10

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hi

I have been having another look at this and there seems to be another
hardware issue that we might need to workaround but first we have to see
what's going wrong with your cd/dvd-drives!

Can you boot into Windows and see stuff that's on a cd in the drive?  Can you make a new cd or save some data onto a cd?  Perhaps a good test would be to make a cd of Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=wolvix

I really think we should have a few days rest from all this though to
give a chance to catch up on some sleep.  I know you have been staying
up until 4am and stuff like that really isn't good for you.  So a few
days rest and then perhaps come back to it then?

Good luck as always, regards from
Tom :)