[Question #78548]: :~$ modinfo souncore

New question #78548 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/78548

Hello, nice to be landed to unknown world.

Does anybody used such command (modinfo soundcore) and possibly can explain what can it be helpful for a user, trying to find out why my pd-extended is silent through my laptop souncard

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.28-13-generic/kernel/sound/soundcore.ko
alias:          char-major-14-*
license:        GPL
author:         Alan Cox
srcversion:     73D4C7B18BCDAF17EE3F9B5
depends:
vermagic:       2.6.28-13-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 586

Might be that such a way is far from that I want indeed. So is it possible to come true to the wish to have my laptop to play pd-extended through integrated soundcard (Dell Inspiron 1300) and have a control on [notein], [ctlin] with USB MIDI controller.

Thanks for help to realise.