[Question #78571]: Installing audio drivers in HP Compaq dc7600 SFF Base Unit

I installed Ubuntu on my HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop several weeks ago, abnd has since worked a charm.

I have recently upgraded my desktop pc to Ubuntu also, but I have discovered that there is no sound whatsoever.

After much use of the Synaptic Package Manager in a futile attempt to unearth the answer to my problem, I relocate my quest here.

I enquire again; Could anyone have the answer to my seemingly "n00b" problem?

Thanks again, and excuse the long words ;)

--AJ