[Question #78585]: gdl_fs_crawler consuming 60% of CPU

I gather that Google Desktop for Linux has issues. I'm just trying to understand how things work, not ask how to fix gdl.

The name of the task suggests that it should be crawling through my file system creating a catalog, yet, while it sits at apparently 60% CPU usage, there is no disk activity.

I guess, I'm wondering how a task can be using 60% resources without apparently doing anything?

As a follow-up, I checked it in System Monitor and it was listed as "sleeping". Does this make sense? Should a "sleeping" task be consuming any CPU resources at all other than the bare minimum?