[Question #78626]: getting additional partitions to show in (places) Computer

I want to make a 320 HD into 75GB (C drive) for Ubuntu with a 1 GB Swap, then create a 100 GB partition (D drive) and 144 GB partition (E drive) using Gparted. First how do I set the mount points , second how do I get these two partitions to show in Places - Computer? Am Very new to Ubuntu have been using Windows for years.