Re: [Question #78580]: Evolution missing Google Addressbook type

CadetD is still having a problem:
Hi actionpasrnip,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately...

This would only put a current snapshot of my Google Apps addressbook locally. I need realtime sync.
If I change something on my G1 phone or online on my Contacts' page, it should be available without re-downloading the addressbook.

Evolution has this capability (added after the Summer of Code). You can
create a new addressbook as type: Google. It will read the data from
your online addressbook as opposed to locally.

Somehow, that address book type (Google) is missing from installation. I
have a fully patched Ubunty Jaunty.