Re: [Question #77610]: Gateway Solo 9500 power cut off

kozimodo proposed the following answer:
I believe I have finally found the culprit (at least for Randy_C and
myself).  I noticed that whenever it failed to boot and shut the machine
off, the last visible line of the boot process was always "agpgart: AGP
aperture is 64M @ 0xf4000000" and that if the machine managed to boot
then the line following this was always "intel_rng: FWH not detected".
Finally after seeing this what must be at least 50 times, I thought that
maybe the intel_rng was the problem.  A little googling and the way to
get rid of this error is to create a file /etc/modprobe.d/intel-rng-
blacklist.conf and add the line "blacklist intel_rng" to it.  Now reboot
-- if I'm right, that's all you need and you can delete all other
extraneous boot options.

@Tom: Actually I'm not using a full ubuntu install at all.  I started
with a minimal CLI install and then built up a very light openbox
environment and 256M ram is plenty!