Re: [Question #78588]: Removing old versions of Ubuntu 9.04 from boot list.

Tom posted a new comment:
Sam, thanks for that correction there.  Should i re-post or does that
make sense?

ActionParsnip, yes that works - but how does it teach the new person &
leave them with skills that work in a general way or lead to greater
understanding? Putting the "ls" command in shows and confirms what "cp"
does.  Moving around in the file-system isn't a very linuxy way of
working but it helps to initially get a feel for what's going on and
doesn't rely on someone knowing exactly where everything is or on
knowing all the tricks.  From my answer i would guess that Daniel could
find his way around another problem much more easily.

David, as i said linux gives freedom of choice which means we all have
different ways of doing things.  Sometimes that leads to disagreements
which often lead to greater understanding.  Please feel free to ask if
something is still not working or is unclear, perhaps ask for less
detail?

Regards from
Tom :)