[Question #78708]: Installing Ubuntu from CD

I have received a CD of Ubuntu 9.04. I have a Dell Latitude D810 centrino 1.86GHz, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Disk with 4 equal partition. Currently I am using Microsoft windows XP installed on C drive. I want to install ubuntu on a seperate partition without loosing my data on other partition and also windows XP.

I tried to install it from the windows by autorun the cd. but it doesnt complete the installation process.

Mustafa Mahfooz