[Question #78727]: Problem with driver install lexmark x2600

New question #78727 on system-config-printer in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+question/78727

I have got a prolem with install with my ubuntu 8.10 the printing lexmark x2600 i use procedure http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/Hardware/StampantiScanner/Lexmark and the procedure isn't finished very well...(root@plushfin-desktop:/home/lexmark/usr# direct z600:/dev/usblp0 "Lexmark  Lexmark X1100 Series" "Lexmark Printer"
bash: direct: command not found
root@plushfin-desktop:/home/lexmark/usr# sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart
sudo: /etc/init.d/cupsys: command not found)

and i utilized driver to www.lexmark.it  the driver z600 of the redhat and i used this guide (http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/index.php?topic=230912.msg1591660)
there is  another problem in system-amministration-priting i don't to add a print(they don't function not even contr+ N)
bye bye thanks for support nicolò