[Question #78732]: Canon pixma ip3300 with CUPS

New question #78732 on system-config-printer in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+question/78732

Binary package hint: system-config-printer

well, since I have changed from hardy heron to intrebid ibex 4.2 I have the mess with my printer canon pixma ip3300. the driver works correct with fitting pages, also black/white, but not with colors. The test print shows that every color print is not on right position and size. changing with CUPS from driver canon pixma 3000 up to others is without any positiv result. at the ubuntuusers-forum there was existing a patch for a self-made-driver for this printer, but this link is inactive..... is there a chance to solve this problem in CUPS?