Re: [Question #78223]: Need help setting up Acer x183hb monitor

Question #78223 on xorg in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+question/78223

Pat K is still having a problem:
Nothing interesting in my Xorg log files.

I'm using an "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 03)".

I had it briefly working (sorta). After messing up my Xorg file, I ran
"sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" while the monitor was plugged in.
After a reboot, it worked, but very slowly (i.e. menus would take a few
seconds to pop up, netbook-launcher was slow, etc.). After unplugging
the monitor and running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" again, the
graphics seemed to return to normal, but now I still can't use my
monitor!

I don't know what I can do.